There are many ways to reduce your energy consumption. Here's some solutions that will have an immediate impact.
LED Lighting Advantages:
- Energy Efficient: LED lighting is 80%-90% when compared to traditional lighting and conventional light bulbs
- Long Life: Long life time stands out as the number one benefit of LED lights. LED lamps have an outstanding operational life time expectation of up to 100.000 hours. This is eleven years of continuous operation, or 22 years of 50% operation.
- Ecologically Friendly: LED lights are free of toxic chemicals. Most conventional fluorescent lighting bulbs contain a multitude of materials like e.g mercury that are dangerous for the environment. LED lights contain no toxic materials and are 100% recyclable, and will help you to reduce your carbon footprint by up to a third.
- Durable Quality: LEDs are extremely durable and built with sturdy components that are highly rugged and can withstand even the roughest conditions. Because LED lights are resistant to shock, vibrations and external impacts, they make great outdoor lighting systems for rough conditions and exposure to weather, wind, rain or even external vandalism, traffic related public exposure and construction or manufacturing sites.
- Zero UV Emissions: LED illumination produces little infrared light and close to no UV emissions. Because of this, LED lighting is highly suitable not only for goods and materials that are sensitive heat due to the benefit of little radiated heat emission, but also for illumination of UV sensitive objects or materials such a in museums, art galleries, archeological sites etc.
- Design Flexibility: LEDs can be combined in any shape to produce highly efficient illumination. Individual LEDs can be dimmed, resulting in a dynamic control of light, color and distribution. Well-designed LED illumination systems can achieve fantastic lighting effects, not only for the eye but also for the mood and the mind.
- Operational in Extremely Cold or Hot Temperatures: LED are ideal for operation under cold and low outdoor temperature settings. For fluorescent lamps, low temperatures may affect operation and present a challenge, but LED illumination operates well also in cold settings, such as for outdoor winter settings, freezer rooms etc.
- Light Dispersement: LED is designed to focus its light and can be directed to a specific location without the use of an external reflector, achieving a higher application efficiency than conventional lighting. Well-designed LED illumination systems are able to deliver light more efficiently to the desired location.
Sensor switches are an effective way to reduce power wastage. The electrician Newcastle say that leaving lights on can be a thing of the past with installation of correctly positioned sensor switches. They can be calibrated for a broad range of applications.